Applying to Postgraduate Programs
The Saudi Commission for Health Specialties aims to provide postgraduate training programs in an effort to develop the skills of health practitioners in various health fields. Additionally, SCFHS is keen to supervise these programs and provide legalized vocational training opportunities for graduates of medical and health colleges inside and outside the Kingdom.
List of Postgraduate Programs
Mecca and Taif
Fourth Training Sector
Third Training Sector
Fourth Training Sector
This initiative aims to alleviate the psychological pressures of trainees and help them overcome the difficulties they face.
Apply within 72 hours of submitting the application, or on the same day for emergency cases
- A quick
Saudi Board Examination
Saudi Board's Part One exam involves health and fundamental sciences related to the specialty, it does not involve other postgraduate training programs such as Diplomas and Fellowships.
- Completion of 9 months of training in any of Saudi Board programs.
- Valid registration in one of the Commission's postgraduate programs.
- Any further conditions set by the Learning and Training Council.
- Applying online when the application opens.
The annual promotion exam aims to evaluate the trainee and ensure he/she has the required knowledge and skills in that year.
The general goal of the final exam is to ensure that the trainee has the required competence with the intended specialty along with determining his/her eligibility for taking the final exam.
- Completion of the program's training period.
- Completion of any other requirements set by some of the Scientific Councils like (researches, publications, books, cases, lists and procedures).
- If the trainee does not pass the final written exam in the specified period of time, he/ she should request exam eligibility renewal from the Central Training Committee before taking the exam to allow sufficient time. It is up to the committee to renew his/her exam eligibility for one extendable year or to refuse the renewal and request completion of an extra training period at a satisfactory level.
- Applying online when the application is open.
The aim of the final clinical exam is to determine the trainee's ability to practice the profession safely and independently and to ensure that the trainee has the required clinical competency.
The following forms of evaluation will be undertaken for the final clinical exam:
Objective structured clinical examination (OSCE).
Standardized oral examination (SOE).
Pass the final written exam of the Saudi Board Programs /fellowships /diplomas.
The trainee can have a maximum of three exam attempts to pass the clinical exam in order to obtain a specialty certificate during the period assigned by the Council of Education and Training in the rules of procedure.
The trainee is not allowed to enter the clinical exam.